Technology is replacing everything we currently know. It can make our lives easier. But have you ever wondered who designs easy?
Easy is a simple shopping process that keeps your money safe. Easy is searching online for help and knowing exactly what to do in an emergency. Easy is trusting that the next giant leap in technology will make the way we do things better. Easy is human.
If you want to be the human voice in the next giant leap, become a UX designer.
The Interaction Design Foundation can help you.
What is a UX designer?
Not long ago, there was no such thing as a social media manager. Whenever technology transforms our lives, more jobs appear in answer. Automation and AI are here now. UX designers make this technology more human for the rest of us.
User experience (UX) designers:
- research the best way to build technology that people will use by getting to know the real problems that individuals need solved
- use this research to make decisions about how the technology should behave and appear so that people find it easy and pleasant to use
- are never satisfied that a problem is fully solved, and will keep listening, testing, researching, and trying to build it better
Why become a UX designer?
Projects with UX designers are more successful than those that don’t
Successful businesses pay their UX designers well.
Technology always changes and needs someone to discover a good use for it
UX designers are never bored or stuck in a routine.
The industry needs 13% more UX designers by 2020 to meet growing demand
There’s a low barrier to entry because UX designers come from all disciplines and don’t need a specific degree. But, becoming a member of an organisation trusted by successful businesses around the world is the easiest way to get started.
Why join the Interaction Design Foundation?
- Learn about new UX trends and approaches as they become relevant.
- Study over 25 industry-recognised courses taught by today’s top UX designers.
- Progress from beginner to advanced level at the pace that’s right for your growing design career.
- Pay one flat membership fee per year and study as many courses as you like without paying a penny more.
Join at www.interaction-design.org/join